Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stand a Little Taller

My religion teacher mentioned that Joseph Fielding Smith was the prophet when he was growing up, which made me think very very fondly of President Hinckley, because when I'm 80, he's the prophet I'm going to tell my kids I grew up with (ps, no pleasant way to end that sentence not in a preposition)

I love President Hinckley! If there is any more optimistic man and humble servant in the world, show him now or forever hold your peace! There isn't! I just admire so much Pres. Hinckley's amiable nature, unexpected but always present sense of humor, firm belief in the gospel, and ability to inspire his congregation to the same standards.

Remember when President Hinckley said, "You can be wise and happy or stupid and miserable. The choice is yours"? hahaha that was the best.

Also here's another story about President Hinckley. Some of Utah has bad inversion problems (like pollution I guess?) My friend's bishop was standing in an elevator in the church offices and President Hinckley walked in. The bishop, all in good humor, joked with Pres. Hinckley and said something like, "Hey, can't you do anything about this inversion!?" And President Hinckley just smiled and said, "I'm not in charge of facilities!"

Hahah. And not to mention, POWERFUL SPEAKER AND TENDER MAN. I love him.

Stand a little taller!

No comments:

Post a Comment