Monday, September 6, 2010

Mrs. Morrow!

The reason I love learning so much now and the reason I know what my passions are can pretty much be traced back through trails of good teachers here and there primarily all the way to Mrs. Morrow.

I pretty much had her as my teacher for 6 years because my Char, Bum, and I all had her for two years each. It was the best!

Math Quest, Chocolate Chip Cookie Fridays, Mideavil festival, life-size chess, good advice, one-on-one writing consultation sessions, a pure smile, a good hearty laugh, love for cardinals, owner of schnauzers, mother to two, lover of sun chips, reader of books, adorer of chocolate, lover of plants, insitituter of traditions, otherrandomthingsthatremindmeofherare Vivaldi, thumbtacks, science kits, stumps, tuna fish, window companies, painted maps of the United States, cockroaches/shoebags, swooping hair, limericks, cursive, Newton, fish, beeswax candles, also, passionate teaching, friendly, sincere, kind, talented, funny, and wonderful!

Every Friday before we would leave for school she would say, "What's your homework!?" and we would squeal in joyous unison, "Read and eat chocolate!"

Ever day before we came into the building to start school she would line us up and give us each a hug!

She is the teacher who pulled us through the early and tragic death of one of our classmates.

She is also the teacher who informed us of and comforted us on September 11, 2001.

She is the teacher who taught us to learn to love and to help each other.

She is the teacher who saw me meet, befriend, bond, and cement some of my best friendships in life.

She is the teacher who taught me that I can teach! I don't think I knew that before she showed me it was so.

She was the teacher who rightfully defined what I had no idea was a love for writing poetry.

She is the teacher who gave us chocolate chip cookies every Friday, helped us grow plants every year, let us sit next to our friends, talked with us at recess, laughed at our elementary jokes, supported us in our every endeavor and

she is the teacher

who is more

than just

a teacher,

but a friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment